History and Fun Facts
• C.M. Offray was founded in 1876 by Claude Offray, Jr., and its history can be traced back to France before the 1800's.
• It was a third generation, family-owned business with a primary focus on weaving narrow nylon fabrics.
• Offray pioneered the development of polyester ribbon and still today manufactures polyester ribbons in a multitude of widths and textures in over 100 fashionable colors.
• During World War II, Offray rebuilt and modernized its entire operation, turning the production to wartime requirements, specializing in parachute tapes and webbings.
• After the WW2, Offray became the pioneer in designing and developing woven edge ribbons using modern man-made fibers.
• During and after the Gulf War, Offray sold millions of yards very quickly, running machines 24/7 for weeks. Yellow was the primary color produced, but also a lot of red, white, and blue.
• Offray especially touted "Made in the USA", which was and still is well appreciated by customers and consumers.
• Offray has woven custom ribbons for the Olympics.
• Offray has proudly had its ribbons used in the White House, having a special relationship with the Florist in residence.